The role of Mother, the label of Mom, the relationship, the responsibility and the unparalleled joys that go along with it. We are remembering it all as an ode to Mother’s Day. We hope you’ll be able to join us on Saturday, May 6, 2017 as Lost Lit presents the Mother ME Reading.
But first, we need your stories! Whether it’s about your Mother (living, gone or passed on) or you’re a new Mother yourself. We want to know what the word Mother means to you. And how Mother’s Day is either celebrated and honored or emotionally triggering and dreaded. Submit your short story, personal essay, novel or memoir excerpt for a chance to participate in the Mother ME Reading! Thanks for considering.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
• Must fit the Mother ME description above.
• Must be a story-fiction or creative non fiction. (sorry no poetry)
• Maximum length of story must fit into a 5min. time slot when read aloud. (about 5pg max)
• You must be available to read your story aloud at the Literary Reading on Saturday May 6, 2017 at Grumpy Bert’s.
• How to submit story: Email lynne (at) lostlit.com as a PDF or MS Word document attachment by deadline. In email, please introduce yourself. Who you are and how you found out about the Call for Submissions.
• DEADLINE: (extended!) Thurs. April 27, 2017, by 11:59pm.
• Notification: All submissions will be responded to. Final winners will be notified shortly after deadline.