We’re so excited to be a part of Lit Crawl Brooklyn again! Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 17, 2014. But before then, chew on this. Since we wanted a creative way to include the local writing community, we decided to have an impromptu CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! Here’s your chance to not only be a spectator of Lit Crawl Brooklyn, but to actually BE in it. Don’t you want your voice, your story, echoed and reverberated throughout the literary universe? I thought so! Submit your creative writing piece for a chance to win that coveted spot. The program description is as follows:
We all have something to bark about. Some louder than others. From the canine furry variety, to the non-furry, naked, human kind. Join us for a special reading where we honor all things ruff rough.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
• Must fit into the theme Ruff Rough. It’s completely up to you how literal or non-literal you interpret it.
• Must be a creative writing piece meant to be read aloud. This includes: a short story, a novel excerpt, personal essay, memoir excerpt, poem/s. (Sorry-no plays, screen plays)
• Maximum length of piece must fit into a 7min. time slot when read aloud.
• How to submit: Email lynne (at) lostlit.com as a PDF or MS Word document by deadline.
• DEADLINE: Friday, April 18, 2014, 12:00am (midnight).
• Notification: All submissions will be responded to. Final winners will be notified on
Sat. April 19, 2014.