Pat Schneider and the Amherst Writers & Artists method, it’s sure to be an incredible day filled with
workshops, book talks, a short film and a panel discussion.
Date: Sunday, April 27, 2014
12:30pm – 6:30pm (ALL Day events)
7:30pm – 9:30pm (Evening event)
Place: 92nd Street Y
1395 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10128
Lost Lit is thrilled to be accepted into Lit Crawl Brooklyn, making this our second year of literary fun and
frolic. Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 17, 2014. But before then, chew on this. Since we wanted a
creative way to include the local writing community, we decided to have an impromptu CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Here’s your chance to not only be a spectator of Lit Crawl Brooklyn, but to actually BE in it. Don’t you want
your voice, your story, echoed and reverberated throughout the literary universe? I thought so! Submit
your creative writing piece for a chance to win that coveted spot. The program description is as follows:
We all have something to bark about. Some louder than others. From the canine furry
variety, to the non-furry, naked, human kind. Join us for a special reading where we
honor all things ruff rough.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
• Must fit into the theme Ruff Rough. It’s completely up to you how literal or non-literal you interpret it.
• Must be a creative writing piece meant to be read aloud. This includes: a short story, a novel excerpt,
personal essay, memoir excerpt, poem/s. (Sorry-no plays, screen plays)
• Maximum length of piece must fit into a 7min. time slot when read aloud.
• How to submit: Email email@example.com as a PDF or MS Word document by deadline.
• DEADLINE: Friday, April 18, 2014, 12:00am (midnight).
• Notification: All submissions will be responded to. Final winners will be notified on Sat. April 19, 2014.
Mark your calendars! We’ve teamed up with Land of Gazillion Adoptees to bring you a unique spin on
discussing adoption and its many shades of grey.
Joy Liebrenthal Rho, John Sanvidge. Kevin Vollmers, the mastermind behind Land of Gazillion Adoptees,
will be emceeing the night. For complete details click HERE!
7:00pm – 8:30pm Reading
8:30pm – 9:30pm Reception
82 Bond St.
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Admission: FREE! (donations welcome) RSVP REQUIRED